This blog is about C++, CakePHP, Linux, PEAR, PHP, Pyrus, Apache, and MySQL and related topics.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How to find your Wordpress API key if Godaddy is your host

I just installed Wordpress for a site hosting by Godaddy. I started to install plugins and Wordpress would ask for my API key.

I wasted an hour on this hopefully you will find this a lot sooner.

Naturally I used Google to find and answer and there was a link to Wordpress itself that said to go into my dashboard, client on users, then profile, and I should see my key. What the article did not say was I would have to go to www.wordpress.com and open an account first.

Doesn't make sense but if you open the new account you will get your API key. Then you can use this key in your wordpress account with Godaddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers